getdate doesn't answer

Laurent H. l.huge at nospam.wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 9 14:49:25 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am the most happy man with my new LFS, but I will be happier if it
could synchronize my time upon internet.

I've installed getdate, I've followed the *whole* time hint, but the
result of "getdate server.ntp" is strange :
        - either my request is rejected by the NTP server (if it exists !) ;
        - or getdate runs and nothing appears (but I'm sure it calls the
server because I see outcomes and incomes on my firewall).

I've searched the FAQ and the Internet, but never the problem occurs.

Does anyone see what appends to me ?
Thanks,
--
Laurent H. (pour m'écrire, enlever nospam. de l'adresse de réponse)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org