how to make a boot/root linux system on a 16M IDE flash module with compressed root file system?

Fu Libo fuliboy at 163.com
Tue Jul 8 18:46:05 PDT 2003

Dear All,

    I need your help. I am making a boot/root linux system on a 16M IDE
flash module.
And it must include some application(Apache, etc.)besides the common linux
commands.
Because of the size limitation, I must try to make the file system as small
as possible.
I know how to make a single boot/root floppy disk through using ramdisk, but
I don't know
how to make boot and a compressed root file system on a IDE flash
module(hda). And some
configure files must be writable, so when compressed, how to write the
configure files?
Or they would be not compressed? However, some other directory must be
compressed. How to
do it?

    It have token me a week to do, but I cannot work it out.

    Would you like to tell me something? And could you tell me some
maillists focusing on
the IDE flash module boot/root linux system?

    I am looking for your email. Thank you very much. ^_^

Best Regards,
Jeffrey

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org