r128 and gcc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 8 13:55:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, esaul wrote:

> (II) R128(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (6, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied
> I get this error.
> I looked it up, and found a few advices, telling me to use the same version
> of gcc for the kernel as were used for X. It makes sense, after all, I am
> gcc 2.95.3 (as recommended), and X was compiled with gcc 3.2.3!
> Is this where the problem lies? Really?

 A _late_ reply : I'd probably go with Richard's reply (try gcc-3.2.3
for both), but I think you've got this the wrong way round - r128 is a
kernel module, so use your kernel compiler (2.95.3) for it.  I've used
2.95.3 for radeon.o on x86 with 3.2.2 for X without any problems.

Ken
 --
You'll always find me out to lunch
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org