Connecting to the Internet how?

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Tue Jul 8 11:21:59 PDT 2003

I've this linux machine connected to another machine running Windows
2000 and sharing its internet connection...
I,ve also a notebook running MDK9.1 connected to that machine having the
IP 192.168.0.3.

This LFS machine has primarily connected to a cable modem so eth0 is
configured to get an IP address from the modem. It's fun because the
windows is not a "Windows 2000 Server" but a "Professional" one.

The IP that windows give is mostly 192.168.0.20 but depends of the
wheather (I suppose) this LFS machine can get addresses going , from
192.168.0.20 to 192.168.0.128

With Mandrake 9.1 into this machine is not a problem. Mandrake connects
to the windows machine with a fixed IP=192.168.0.2 address!

How can configure this LFS system to get internet connection with an IP
address os 192.168.0.2...?

I've no way to copy from MDK configs the LFS, is not the same.!

Thanks in advance

Horacio
--
Horacio Ferrero <horace.linux at noos.fr>