KDE & SSL

eniac eniac at eniac.homelinux.com
Tue Jul 8 06:13:38 PDT 2003

Hi.
I have succesful build LFS 4.1.
I use 2.4.21 kernel.
Then i was compile XFree86 ver. 4.3.0 with no problems
When i was compiling KDE 3.2.1 libs, base, network, admin, etc... i didn't compile some libraries that may KDE use, like SSL.
The KDE work fine but with no SSL support.
In order to support SSL and perhaps other libraries that KDE may use, is it necessary to recompile KDE after install of a library? e.x. SSL.
I didn't want to do this again as KDE took me very much time to build.
My machine is an Intel PIII 550 with 320MB RAM and only for kdebase it took aprox. 4 hours to build.
Is this OK?

Regards
Eniac