P2P distribution

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 18:51:52 PDT 2003

Sorry for crossposting, this is relevant to all lists but only ontopic
for website at linuxfromscratch.org. Follow-ups there please. Thanks.

Jeroen Coumans said the following on 2-7-2003 3:44:
> Also, I'd like to ask everyone who has eDonkey (xMule, mlDonkey)
> running, to verify that you have the correct tarball (with the MD5sum
> which should be submitted in this thread) and to put it in your shared
> folder. Then mail me the edk:// link so I can add it to the website
> (Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth required to distribute it).

Got the first gunea pig^D^D^D^D^D volunteer for sharing the lfs tarball,
thanks to Rui Ferreira. His upload bandwidth is limited so I still
encourage people to do the above. There are no known security risks with
  using the eDonkey 2000 network, in fact it seems to be a safer, more
reliable method of retrieving packages. Not to mention the savings in
bandwidth...

http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/packages.html has more info and
links to clients. Use mldonkey for the console (24x7, yeah) or xMule for
XFree86. Both are fairly straight-forward to compile, allthough they
require less used packages (ocaml and wxWindows).

For completeness, here's the link:
ed2k://|file|lfs-packages-4.1.tar|104939520|e0aa0945189ba24a221a275aa12f1b82|/

The last part is the MD5sum so you can verify you've got the right
tarball. I'll offer it for download myself too but my bandwidth is limited.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org