SOLVED Squid and snmp to monitor with MRTG

Alan Womack arwbackup at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 7 10:32:24 PDT 2003

 >>  This still leaves me with MRTG errors:

 >>  alan at webby:logs $ /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg_squid.cfg
 >>  Daemonizing MRTG ...
 >>  alan at webby:logs $ ERROR: Target[squid.cache.client.resp][_IN_] '"
 >>  $$target[0]{$mode} "' evaluated to ' 0 ' instead of a number
 >>  ERROR: Target[squid.cache.client.resp][_OUT_] '" $$target[0]{$mode} "'
 >>  evaluated to ' 0 ' instead of a number
 >>  WARNING: Skipping Update of squid.cache.client.resp, inlast is not defined
 >>  WARNING: Skipping Update of squid.cache.client.resp, outlast is not
 >>  defined

The config file I picked up the examples from had "" surrounding the SNMP
command on the Target config line.  Removal of those quotes allowed MRTG to
start reading the SQUID SNMP server.

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://home.att.net/~arwomack01/index.html

24 Days to MH automation: http://alan.firebin.net/24_days.html

believed to be clean.