KDM

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 09:50:37 PDT 2003

Santiago Almenara Masías said the following on 7-7-2003 18:13:
 > I don't know why I see the text scrambled in that page.... however, I
 > use this page and I think it's pretty the same:
 > http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints.shtml
 >
 > However, I can't find any hint that helps me. I found a kdm.txt and it
 > says how to use it for Remote Access and Graphical Login, not how to
 > setup it and add new WM.
 >
 > Which is the hint I am supposed to use??

Please keep messages on the list instead of replying personally...

The kdm.txt hint is what I meant. It seems though, that the section I
was trying to refer you to has been removed from the hint. Specifically,
under the section XSESSION, there is a paragraph for setting up
alternate WM. A shame that it's removed, since this information is also
not in BLFS. It's still available via CVS though (link may wrap):
http://cvs.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi/hints/kdm.txt?rev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Remy: can you re-add this part?

(Follow-ups to this part can be discussed privately or via
website at linuxfromscratch.org):

What do you mean by "scrambled text"? What browser do you use? Can you
provide a screenshot? Thanx,

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans