init : libssl.so : cannot open shared object file : kernel panic!

Richard rgollub at uninet.com.br
Mon Jul 7 04:20:45 PDT 2003

Simon Geard wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
> >richard at nezumi.plus.com wrote:
> >
> >>In the past I have had problems with alsa compiling for the running
> >>kernel instead of the one installed in the chroot environment where
> >>alsa was being compiled. I had a problem with glibc. I did not have
> >>problems anything else, including X, but at that time I was not using
> >>DRM.
> >
> >       Interesting. I have used in the past alsa-0.5.10/12, and most recently,
> >0.9.2 and never had any problem with them. Likewise, glibc never offered
> >any difficulty.
> >

> Is that without any extra config params on the driver package? Afterall,
> the modules normally install under /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/, so I would
> expect that to break unless the kernel versions matched...

	No. In the particular case of alsa there is no need for an
intervention. I quote below the relevant section of the building script
for the alsa driver. The rest of the script deals with housekeeping,
package management additions/tunings, etc. You can see that I disable
the running of depmod, because this is done at a later stage under my
control.

< quote: partial copy!>

./configure $CONFIG_FLAGS \
	    --prefix=${PREFIX2-${PREFIX-$ENCAP_TARGET}} \
	    --with-isapnp=no \
	    --with-sequencer=no \
	    --with-oss=yes \
	    --with-cards=sb8,sb16,sbawe,emu10k1,cmipci \
	    &> CONFIG.rag

file=Makefile
cp -a $file $file.original
cat << "E_O_F" | patch $file
79,83c79,83
< ifeq ($(DESTDIR),)
< 	/sbin/depmod -a
< else
< 	/sbin/depmod -a -b $(DESTDIR)$(moddir)
< endif
---
> # ifeq ($(DESTDIR),)
> #	/sbin/depmod -a
> # else
> #	/sbin/depmod -a -b $(DESTDIR)$(moddir)
> # endif
E_O_F

{
	make &> MAKE.build.log &&
#	(Un)comment the case depending on DESTDIR availability!
#		make prefix=$ENCAP_SOURCE/$1${PREFIX2-$PREFIX} \
#		     install &> MAKE.install.log
		make DESTDIR=$ENCAP_SOURCE/$1 \
		     prefix=${PREFIX2-$PREFIX} \
		     install &> MAKE.install.log # covers all cases...
} || exit $?

</quote>

	Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org