solved (was: [mozilla] gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory)

Frank Gruellich frank at ifm.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jul 7 01:18:08 PDT 2003

* Frank Gruellich <frank at ifm.tu-chemnitz.de> 20. Jun 03
> Hello, list,

Hello again,

now I had the time to care of this problem again.  So, for the search:

> ===BEGIN mozilla-compile.log===
> [lot of stuff]
> gcc -o nsPrintdGTK.o -c [lot of options] -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 [lot of more options] nsPrintdGTK.c
                                                                   ^^^^^^^^
This one caused all the problems.  This empty -I makes gcc to think
about an include path called '-I/usr/include/gtk-...'.  The -I seems to
be created by ./configure:

frank at odin [/usr/src/mozilla] $ grep 'freetype2' config/autoconf.mk
FT2_CFLAGS             = -I/usr/include/freetype2
MOZ_XFT_CFLAGS          = -I/opt/xft/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I

No idea, why, but this error happens with 1.2.1 and the current 1.4,
too.  Removing the very last -I (and waiting for about an hour) resulted
in a shiny browser.

> nsPrintdGTK.c:42:21: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
> [many more lines]
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla'
> make: *** [default] Error 2
> ===END mozilla-compile.log===
> [snip]
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,