Missing optional dependency for pango-1.2.3?

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Jul 6 15:42:25 PDT 2003

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:36:40 -0700
Ron <ron885 at bloodheart.com> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > compile time.  After installing Xft2 (http://fontconfig.org) using
> > the usual `./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install`
> > routine then a recompile of pango-1.2.3 does indeed produce the
> > required library and hence enables eclipse to run in all it's GTK2
> > beauty :)
> >
> > My question then - should pango-1.2.3 list Xft2 as an optional
> > dependency?
>
> it comes with X

I was under the impression that Xft (not Xft2) was bundled with X.  If
that's not correct then how come pango's ./configure script couldn't
see it as I have X installed.  Both X and pango were installed
by-the-book.  Could anyone else confirm that they do/don't have
the libpangoxft library installed (should be under /usr/lib)?

Thanks,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org