Installing j2sdk-1.4.2

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Jul 6 12:03:39 PDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:23:54 +0000 (UTC)
semzx at newmail.ru ("Alexander E. Patrakov") wrote:

> On Sunday 06 July 2003 21:25, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Hello again all.  I just thought I'd let you all know that
> > j2sdk-1.4.2(binary I know) works like a charm once the commands in
> > the book are altered slightly.
>
> And what's the typical delay between releasing a binary version of
> j2sdk and offering the sources of the same version for download?

I'm not sure but I believe it was several months for the 1.4.1 release
but don't hold me to that.  Theres an archived post from me
announcing the availability of the SCSL version at
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2003/01/0246.html
and there's a post at http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1775
suggesting that the binaries were originally available in September
2002.  This means it was about 4 months for that particular version -
whether that was a normal schedule or not again I'm not sure.

On a sidenote - one interesting thing about the 1.4.2 release is that
the binary version comes with a gcc-3.2 compiled version of the
netscape/mozilla java plugin, which is useful for all of us who compile
the majority of our stuff with gcc-3.x:)

Cheers,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org