X 4.3 & Nvidia driver

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sat Jul 5 14:49:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 15:39, Arnaud Boissinot wrote:

> I'm sure that it's not a problem with the monitor since the XFree "nv"
> driver works fine and I've compile the old open source driver "nvidia"
> 1.0-4191 and it works fine too.
>
> I've got this problem with the latest 4363 (and 4349) drivers of nvidia
> (those whith an installer !)
>
> Moreover my monitor configuration is the same under LFS and under Mandrake
> 9.1 (the 4363 nvidia driver works well with Madrake 9.1)
>
> This is a part of my XF86config-4 file:
>
> Section "Monitor"
>     Identifier  "Monitor1"
>     HorizSync   30-95
>     VertRefresh 47-160
> EndSection

Check your /var/log/XFree86.0.log file from a startup where the screen
went wonky.  You may find that it's either overriding (or not overriding
anymore) your HorizSynch and VertRefresh settings, which seem pretty
bizarre to me.  Worst case scenario, you can just punch in fixed values
for those settings that you know will work with the resolution you want
to use...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org