ogg / cdda2wav

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat Jul 5 10:19:01 PDT 2003

From: "Matthew Burgess" <ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk>

> I'm after a shell script or even an additional program that can do the
> following:
>
> 1) Query cddb servers to retrieve Album/Track/Artist info (I know
> cdda2wav can do that bit)
> 2) Provide an interface for setting such info if a cddb entry doesn't
> exist for the particular CD being ripped
> 3) Use the cddb info to set the output folder and filename
> 4) Rip CD tracks directly to .ogg (see main problem above)
> 5) Use the cddb info to set the ogg tag/headers inside the generated
> files.
>
> Any pointers to such a beast would be appreciated :)

While not 100% what you're looking for, I've had good luck myself with
a program called "RipperX" - it uses CD-Paranoia, CDDB, and can pipe
to either lame or oggenc.  However, it DOES create a intermediate wav
file, which it can be configured to delete after the encoding is done.
Works
well here.

http://ripperx.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps!