Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied

luis jure ljure at multitel.com.uy
Fri Jul 4 08:55:06 PDT 2003

el Fri, 4 Jul 2003 04:31:17 -0500
Albert Wagner <alwagner at tcac.net> escribió:

> What I am asking therefore is:  What are the possible reasons for this
> message, BESIDES the permissions on the /bin/bash executable?  I don't
> have a clue where to begin solving this problem and was hoping for some
> direction.  Any guidance whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

a blind shot: permissions on directories? i once had a silly problem with
that. check with " cd / ; ls -la " that all permissions are ok. if that's
no the problem, perhaps you should strace the su command. then some one in
the list (not me) might be able to give you more concrete advice...

good luck,

lj
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org