J2SDK install problems

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 3 20:16:43 PDT 2003

Wenrich wrote:

>Thanks a lot, Tushar! I did follow the instructions, and even try
>to use the file name directly, but I still got
>

>>>tail: $: invalid suffix character in obsolescent
>>>

>error. Your reply says $T should be something like "+nnn".
>Does that mean it has to be a 3-digit number?
>My binary file was downloaded from sun's website,
>full name is "j2sdk-1.4.1-01-linux-i586-gcc2.95.bin".
>Any further hint?

Please don't top post, check the faq on how to post.

I tried the j2sdk 1.4.1_01 binary from Sun's website and the filename
you mentioned does not match the one on Sun's site. I think you
downloaded Blackdown JDK.

Anyways, as I mentioned in my previous e-mail, you can follow the
installation instructions on Sun's/Blackdown's website. A simple "chmod
+x $file && ./$file" should be enough.

If that doesn't work, post the output after you run the above mentioned
"chmod ..." commands.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/