init : libssl.so : cannot open shared object file : kernel panic!

richard at nezumi.plus.com richard at nezumi.plus.com
Thu Jul 3 06:32:19 PDT 2003

On 2003-07-03 09:55:48 +0000, Richard wrote:

> 	a) who are those "knowledgables", and where have they expressed their
> opinions, in support of such claims (chroot is "bad"/substrate kernel
> "interference", and future problems to be expected, by using the
> technique)?

In the past I have had problems with alsa compiling for the running
kernel instead of the one installed in the chroot environment where
alsa was being compiled. I had a problem with glibc. I did not have
problems anything else, including X, but at that time I was not using
DRM.

For all I know, these old problems have been fixed. I would not know
because I now upgrade the host kernel before building a new LFS.

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org