Error compiling glibc

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Thu Jul 3 07:32:21 PDT 2003

> Hello.
>
> This is my first error and first request for help ;)
>
> I went through the archive and found out that there was a patch out for
> this issue, and it would be found if searching the archives further.
> However, i did not find this patch.
>
> The error i get is this:
>
> I have followed the book and applied the patches for "glibc 2.3.1" as
> mentioned there, with the exception of getting "gcc 2.3.1". I really
> don't know why i downloaded "gcc 3.3".
>
> Is there a way to make this work without having to replace "gcc 3.3"
> with the older one?

Well no, glibc-2.3.1 will not compile with gcc-3.3, there is no way around
it as far as I've seen.  You're better off either using gcc-3.2.3, updating
to glibc-2.3.2 with other patches, and not using the /static build method
due to inherient problems with glibc when built with a gcc built with
--disable-shared.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org