init : libssl.so : cannot open shared object file : kernel panic !

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Thu Jul 3 00:39:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Laurent H. wrote:

> Ulrich Fahrenberg a écrit :
>
> > Did you try the obvious?
> >        ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 /lib

> No, because, at the time the system crashes, it only knows /, but
> no /usr, so the link will be empty !

Sorry, maybe I should adhere more to the think-before-you-post
convention. Dagmar has rightfully written already that an init linked
to libssl is a very strange beast, but if you replace the "ln -s"
above with a "cp", maybe it will just work.

This is of course only a workaround, not a fix.

uli

--
Uli Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org