init : libssl.so : cannot open shared object file : kernel panic !

Laurent H. l.huge at nospam.wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 2 14:05:30 PDT 2003

Ulrich Fahrenberg a écrit :

> This is in general considered a BadThing[TM], as in chroot, you have
> the old system's kernel running, which normally would be different
> from your LFS kernel. Especially X has been known to not wnat to
> compile in chroot, and I'd expect problems with KDE and Gnome, too.
Sorry, I've read on search LFS that it didn't raised problems (except
for X, but I've built it in the right way under LFS)

> Btw. why did you build everything in BLFS?
No, prelude for example is not in blfs ; and on the other way, I
didn't install any dhcp whereas it is in blfs. But I think my system
is nearly up-to-date now (I just have to configure my Internet
connection and the things will be on).

> Did you try the obvious?
>        ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 /lib
No, because, at the time the system crashes, it only knows /, but no
/usr, so the link will be empty !
--
Laurent H. (pour m'écrire, enlever nospam. de l'adresse de réponse)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org