X 4.3 & Nvidia driver

Guido Schimmels guido.schimmels at freenet.de
Wed Jul 2 09:04:49 PDT 2003

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:01:08 +0200
Arnaud Boissinot <arnaud.boissinot at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > Section "Device"
> >     Identifier  "device1"
> >     VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
> >     BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic)"
> >     Driver      "nvidia"
> >     VideoRam    65536
> >     Option      "DPMS"

First of all, you might want to add the following option to get
rid of the annoying nvidia logo at each startup:
	 Option	    "nologo"

To solve your problem, maybe this helps:

	 BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"

You probably need a different combination than 1:0:0
You can find out this way:

$ cat /proc/pci

Look for the gfx-card section. In my case it is:

Bus  1, device   0, function  0
    VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (rev 21).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=248.  Min Gnt=5.Max Lat=1.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xda000000 [0xdaffffff].
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xd8000000 [0xd9ffffff].

So "Bus  1, device   0, function  0"  -> BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

> > EndSection

Wish you luck...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org