X 4.3 & Nvidia driver

Arnaud Boissinot arnaud.boissinot at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 2 07:00:02 PDT 2003

Hello all,

My problem is the following:

I've got a GeForce2 GTS/PRO card and I've always used the nvidia (now closed
source) driver without problems.
But this time the driver doesn't work, I've got a strange screen (I can see
strange lines, my KDE desktop looks like an encrypted TV program, I hope
you see what I mean !)

What I've done is the following:

1/ sh NVdriver.run
2/ recompile the driver for my kernel (2.4.21)
3/ install the driver
4/ look at /etc/modules.conf to see the "alias char-major195 nvidia"
4/ modify XF86config-4 to load the nvidia driver which lokks like:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "device1"
    VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic)"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VideoRam    65536
    Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

You've got all the details and I hope somebody can help me !

Arnaud

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org