Why my mutt can not display color?

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Wed Jul 2 00:17:09 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 13:16, Tony Wang wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:23:17PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 July 2003 14:19, Tony Wang wrote:
> > > I think I can change the viriable to "xterm-color" in ~/.bash_profile,
> > > is that right?
> >
> > There was a thread about colors in Konsole, which seems relevant here. In
> > short:
> >
> > cd /usr/share/terminfo/x
> > mv xterm xterm.orig
> > ln -s xterm-color xterm
> >
> > You may want to use xterm-xfree86 instead of xterm-color
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> But what is the different between xterm-xfree86 and xterm-color?

I don't really know. Somewhere it is written that xterm-color is a failsafe
setting that is just plain xterm + color; xterm-xfree86 is a bloated xterm
from the latest XFree86, it also works with Konsole. The only difference I
see is that xterm-xfree86 does not work with PuTTY, and vim in Konsole gets
xterm-color wrong.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org