P2P distribution

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 18:44:48 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans said the following on 28-6-2003 14:19:
> Thanks. Next week I'll add some instructions to that page for people who
> want to set it up, so we (volunteers who are willing to share the
> lfs-4.1 package) can experiment a little with it. If this trial proves
> successfull, we /may/ get Gerard to do the same on the LFS server.

Okay, page is updated
(http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/packages.html) and there are
(minimal) instructions for distributing these package via P2P. I also
need the MD5sum of the lfs-packages-4.1.tar which is distributed on
ftp://infogroep.be/pub/linux/lfs/lfs-packages/ and
ftp://hurricane.jutley.org/

Also, I'd like to ask everyone who has eDonkey (xMule, mlDonkey)
running, to verify that you have the correct tarball (with the MD5sum
which should be submitted in this thread) and to put it in your shared
folder. Then mail me the edk:// link so I can add it to the website
(Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth required to distribute it).

Alternatively, if you don't have an eDonkey client setup yet, I can
offer some assistance or installation instructions for installation and
configuration.

Currently BitTorrent is not an option, since it requires additional
programs running on the server. If someone is able to offer BitTorrent
downloads, don't hesitate to mail website at linuxfromscratch.org and I'll
gladly add those links.
TIA

--