To CUPS or not to CUPS

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 14:25:01 PDT 2003

Simon Geard wrote:

> John Gay wrote:
>
>> True, but then even those using networked printers, the printer is
>> connected to a local PC somewhere, unless they can afford a network ready
>> printer.
>>

> Which brings up an interesting point. How many people here are using LFS
> in a business environment (i.e where network-ready printers are the
> norm), vs using it at home (i.e more likely a USB or parallel printer).
>
> I use LFS simply as a home workstation, and while I don't currently have
> a printer, the one I used to have was parallel.
>
> Simon.

I don't know how many, but I for one use LFS built boxes in a production
work environment.  I have three here with me now and one at another
customer's location.  I like the LFS approach over the distro bloat
approach.

My $0.02

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink dot net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org