To CUPS or not to CUPS

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jul 1 13:25:46 PDT 2003

John Gay wrote:

>True, but then even those using networked printers, the printer is
>connected to a local PC somewhere, unless they can afford a network ready
>printer.

Which brings up an interesting point. How many people here are using LFS
in a business environment (i.e where network-ready printers are the
norm), vs using it at home (i.e more likely a USB or parallel printer).

I use LFS simply as a home workstation, and while I don't currently have
a printer, the one I used to have was parallel.

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org