Batch Conversion of jpegs to thumbnails

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Jul 1 13:25:36 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 09:01:14AM -0400, Simon Geard wrote:
> Archaic wrote:
> >
> >Well, I never turn down a chance to use cli over gui. If it doesn't do
> >what I need, then ImageMagick will be the next stop.
> >
> ImageMagick *is* a set of command line tools. Those that actually
> display images depend on X, but most are pure command-line, and ideal
> for scripting.

Let me rephrase. A package that doesn't reguire {X,Qt,Gtk,KDE,Gnome}
libs to compile and run.

That being said, I've already run the mogrify and convert commands on
some files with the dissappointment of finding that a size smaller
160x120 cannot be acheived with a simple argument of -resize 80x40. Now
to dig for the info and hope it's not just a limitation.

--
Archaic

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
bribe the people with their own money.

- Alexis de Tocqueville

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org