samba encrypted passwd's

Dirk dildir at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 1 15:14:09 PDT 2003

Hello people,

I'm trying to connect a win95 box to my linux samba server.  I'm only in
testing/setup phase and should be simple.  my smb.conf file is as
follows.

[global]
encrypt passwords = yes
workgroup = DDNET
wins support = yes
log file = /var/log/samba.log
[test]
comment = For testing only
path = /home/samba/tmp
read only = no
guest ok = yes

I can't seem to be able to get it to work without the encryption and
win95 sees no reason to encrypt.  When I try to get at the samba share
from M$ the network is reported unreachable.

I can't figure out what is wrong.  Any suggestions (except throwing the
win95 box off the balcony)?

Dirk

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org