To CUPS or not to CUPS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 09:04:23 PDT 2003

Horacio Ferrero said the following on 1-7-2003 17:28:
> I want to thanks to all people tha help me to make my printer running!
>
> In fact, the main problem is to find the right paper containing right
> instructions.
> In fact I've two problems :
> 1 - kernel has been misconfigured &
> 2 - ghostcript was the wrong one installed.
>
> Cups works fine !

Hi Horacio,
Could you tell us perhaps what documents you read prior to reporting
about your problems on this list? Did you use BLFS, one of the printing
hints or did you use outside documentation (howto's, manual pages,
tutorials etc).
And can you tell us why you chose that document? (were you referred to
it on the lists, did you find it via google or via the lfs website, etc.)
Thanks,

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans