Zlib Deflate Errors

Mason Staugler mason at ulixesrex.com
Sat Nov 30 20:02:10 PST 2002

This is a continuation of the thread regarding libgnomeprint and my
"undefined reference to 'deflate'" errors:

I get a similar error now with gnome-panel except that this time it is
through libpng.so. The error is:
	/usr/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to 'deflate'
	" 'inflate'
	" 'inflateInit_'
	" 'crc32'
	" 'deflateInit2_'
	" 'inflateReset'
	" 'deflateReset'
	" 'inflateEnd'
	" 'deflateEnd'

I tried using the previously posted methods to fix it, but none of them
worked. My question is how this stuff is referenced. I found out that
because some of the packages get installed to /opt/gnome and others to
/opt/gnome2 I had to cross copy the pkgconfig files so that the
dependencies could be found. Could I be having a similar problem with zlib?

Mason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org