Got screwed... almost.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Nov 30 14:47:23 PST 2002

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:30:28 +0000 (UTC)
dagmar at speakeasy.net (Dagmar d'Surreal) wrote:

> Frankly, I don't see why you'd want to switch to ATI.  While they make
> driver source available, their drivers hardly ever seem to be 100%
> reliable until they're ready to declare the card at end-of-life.

Thats not true.

I think ATI suffer from a userbase that likes to fiddle with the
hardware more. their drivers arent quite as stable, though, admittedly.

> nVidia, while they're not willing to give ATI the chance to steal
> their driver code,

Thats bullshit. theres probably VERY little code that could be shared in
there.

> seems to be capable of getting their Detonator
> drivers working flawlessly with their newest cards within a month or
> two of release.

Mainly 'cos ATI simply shrink and overclock, like intel, and dont do
much by way of interesting new tech.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org