Incorrect ARP response (network)

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Sat Nov 30 13:35:09 PST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 12:41, Sanjuro wrote:
>  > it suggested the use of rp_filter and arp_filter,
>  > so I don't even have to apply the patch.
>
> Correction. It appeared to work, but it doesn't. Setting arp_filter to 1
> does only send 1 ARP reply, but always with the MAC address of eth0.
>
> So I guess I will have to apply the patch. BUT on my system it doesn't
> apply cleanly to kernel 2.4.20.
>
> Could someone please confirm that it doesn't? I almost bothered a kernel
> driver maintainer with something simple, don't want to bother anyone
> else unnecessarily.

It definitely doesn't apply:

patching file net/ipv4/arp.c
Hunk #3 FAILED at 767.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/arp.c.rej

You really only need to change the __constant_htons to plain htons in
that section of the patch to make it apply (change it in both places)
but it is something that should be mentioned to Julian Anastasov to
remind him to update his copy of the patch and the web page itself.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org