Incorrect ARP response (network)

Sanjuro sanjuroe at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 30 10:41:07 PST 2002

 > it suggested the use of rp_filter and arp_filter,
 > so I don't even have to apply the patch.

Correction. It appeared to work, but it doesn't. Setting arp_filter to 1
does only send 1 ARP reply, but always with the MAC address of eth0.

So I guess I will have to apply the patch. BUT on my system it doesn't
apply cleanly to kernel 2.4.20.

Could someone please confirm that it doesn't? I almost bothered a kernel
driver maintainer with something simple, don't want to bother anyone
else unnecessarily.

Sanjuro

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org