txt files in windows won't work in linux

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Sat Nov 30 06:30:58 PST 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 30.11. 8:38 Uhr von Joern Abatz:

> > Cut & paste not yet working in links2.1pre4. Doesn't matter on
> > my system, however; cut & paste not working with my Midnight
> > Commander, either.
>
> Cut&Paste in Midnight Commander works if you press the shift
> key.

Great. I tried it out immediately. Thank you very much. So I
took the trouble to help somebody and got a valuable hint
myself:-).

It did work between two MC Xterms, too. Now I have some text of
the Three-Button-Mouse Howto in my .newrc (I do mention this
for "john smith" because it was pasted from a HTML file on my
/windows/D/ partition into a Linux text file!) but I was able to
repair that one.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org