Bootscript Trouble

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Sat Nov 30 04:35:01 PST 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote...
> drharlan at pacbell.net wrote, On 2002/11/29 19:42:
>> However, I found that one of the bootscripts, cleanfs, blows away
>> everything in and under /var/lock.  So my subsys directory evaporates
>> at every boot.
>
> How about putting a mkdir /var/lock/subsys in the cleanfs script?

*sigh* Seth, you listening? This is really a FAQ by now.

So, replace the 'rm -rf ...' line with

rm -rf /tmp/{.[!.]*,*} &&
find /var/{lock,run} -not -type d -exec rm -f {} \;

To be completely safe, you have to move /usr/bin/find to /bin/find because
every command that is called by any init script should reside in the root
partition.

HTH, HAND,
Oliver
--