txt files in windows won't work in linux

john smith no at thanks.com
Sat Nov 30 00:33:18 PST 2002

<Lacroix11 at aol.com> wrote in message news:1c2.245db1b.2b19bfdf at aol.com...
One possible solution to this is to install SSH on both boths, using OpenSSH
in Windows, I was able to build an LFS system fairly quickly with this
method as I just did copy and paste into OpenSSH for the scripts. Another
option is to install nano (like pico, but comes in src by itself) on the
linux box and use it instead of vi. Hope this helps

Thanks, that was a great idea. Have installed an ssh client and can now past
directly to my lfs prompt. (can free up a monitor and keyboard while I'm at
it)

thankyou everyone.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org