txt files in windows won't work in linux

john smith no at thanks.com
Fri Nov 29 22:28:17 PST 2002

hello.
I'm using my windows computer to browse the blfs book and download packages.
I then use samba on the lfs system to transfer what I need.

My vi skills are pretty poor and  rather than type all my init scripts out I
would like to copy and paste to a text file while in windows and then copy
this over to the lfs system.

I have tried this and although the script files look normal from cat they
never work complaining about "command not found" and other errors like that.

can someone please tell me what I need to do to solve this. Is there some
hidden characters in my text files.

thanks.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org