Got screwed... almost.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Nov 29 18:52:28 PST 2002

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:01:03 +0000 (UTC)
remy.bosch at hccnet.nl ("R. Bosch") wrote:

> > instead of changing the PCI ID the card reports, it changes the
> > value the driver expects. the same idea really, but less risky.
>
> echo [right PCI-ID] > /proc/pci-something ?
> Never get the hang of the nifty trick...

not quite so simple, I suspect it involves the driver file taking a
quick trip to the hex-editor ;-)

> I'll wait a bit more...
> Developing goes on and I hate taking unnessessery risks. Got enough of
> that lately. And maybe planning for one more. (laptop)
>
> First putting the brakes on, and reflect... nice and easy...

The Radeon 9000 is a good buy. I have one. its not quite as quick as the
8500, but cheaper by quite a bit.

The driver works, but its not brilliant yet.

I get bettween 60 and 200FPS in quake3, 1024x768, everything on max,
with occasional drops to 35FPS if theres a lot of alpha-blending and Im
using the sniperscope...

Oh, btw - anyone here interested in a quick freeforall on my q3 server
sometime?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org