Got screwed... almost.

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Fri Nov 29 17:59:17 PST 2002

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:49:07 +0000  Mister Ian just wrote the following:

> instead of changing the PCI ID the card reports, it changes the value
> the driver expects. the same idea really, but less risky.

echo [right PCI-ID] > /proc/pci-something ?
Never get the hang of the nifty trick...

> Indeed. What card do you have now? (I'd suggest getting that ATI
> back...)

RIVA TNT2 I'm still waiting on the moment it will blow up ;-)
Might just help a hand on newyears eve *grin*

I'll wait a bit more...
Developing goes on and I hate taking unnessessery risks. Got enough of
that lately. And maybe planning for one more. (laptop)

First putting the brakes on, and reflect... nice and easy...

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org