Got screwed... almost.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Nov 29 17:54:08 PST 2002

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:39:28 +0000 (UTC)
remy.bosch at hccnet.nl ("R. Bosch") wrote:

> > CD-ripping goes fine now btw :-D
> On a promise raid channel... Abuse? NAAHH ;-)

ROTFLOL

> What card do you have btw ?

I dont have raid. I use mobo ide, with a WD 120G special edition, giving
me 50MB/sec...

well, it would, if I ever get a good one back...

I've been on the phone to WD and they sent me a 120 GB drive by courier
to replace my 'slow' one, with free postage back for the defective
one...

... except for two things - the replacement was labelled 'Refurbished',
and has the CR revision firmware.

needless to say I was on the phone again. that ones gone back too, and I
have been promised a DU revision drive, although I will have to wait
until they can get one from the US for me (cheeky sods, they should be
flying it to me in a gold plated box by now, given all this hassle...)

I'll update y'all when I get the new drive. And it had better NOT say
'refurmbished' on it, or I'll be phoning trades descriptions to make a
formal complaint... they gave me some crap about it being OK to ship
refurbs as replacements under some EU law, which I dont give a shit
about as UK law gives me the right to a NEW replacement.

Grr.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org