Cisco VPN Client

Michael T. Van Orman michael at vanorman.net
Fri Nov 29 12:37:18 PST 2002

I'm new to the whole Linuxfromscratch thing, and have been enjoying the process so far.  However, we use a Cisco-based firewall at work, and use the Cisco VPN Client to access my work network.  It works fine on RedHat, and I've used it on Windows as well.  However, I haven't been able to get it to work on my new Linuxfromscratch installation.  I've tried versions 3.6 and the new 3.7 of the client vpn.  All compile just fine, but seconds (sometimes it makes it a minute or so) after initializing the VPN client (not even connecting), I get a kernel panic, and the machine locks up, or reboots.  Even just booting with the cisco_ipsec module installed causes this problem.

I'm using a Linksys wireless network card from my laptop for all of this.

Has anyone had any experience, or success using the Cisco VPN Client from a Linuxfromscratch installation?