cd-rom module problems

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 29 10:25:51 PST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 03:40, Simon Geard wrote:
> I use the following block in modules.conf to load all the stuff I need
> for a cd burner...
>
> # CD drive (w/ SCSI emulation)
> add above cdrom sr_mod sg
> add above sr_mod ide-scsi
>
> Basically, that adds a couple of extra items to the dependencies defined
> by the modules themselves - cdrom now requires sr_mod and sg, while
> sr_mod in turn requires ide-scsi. Not sure if it's optimal, but it works
> for me.

*wow* That's the first time I've seen anyone correctly use the addd
directive in their modules.conf.  I'd almost forgotten one could do
that.  It's really not necessary tho... See my other post with respect
to this.  Also without adding an ignore directive so that the ide-cd
module won't touch the ATAPI burner, you could run into some "issues"
later on if you happen to stick another non-burning CD rom in the
machine (considering I had a spare one, and an open drive bay, I
did--and did).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org