boot floppy - unable to mount root fs...

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Nov 29 10:11:48 PST 2002

On Friday 29 November 2002 12:42, you wrote:
> chapter "Creating a custom bootdisk":
>
> following the manual, I created the single boot/root disk. During booting
> from floppy, everything starts OK, but during the root upload, the boot
> procedure stops with:
>
> kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 02:00
>
> during the initial kernel configuration, I removed all modules support, and
> select just ext2 fs support.
>
> I need some help to find the right way....

If you can't get in, it's because the kernel on your floppy can't find init,
or mebbe hasn't a clue where the root filesystem is

Get on somebody's pc and surf to www.toms.net/rb. Download tomsrtbt and build
it - it will build under windoze (the .zip). It's self contained and  saved
my butt more often than I care to remember. It has ext2 in the kernel.
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org