cd-rom module problems

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 29 01:40:18 PST 2002

Daniel Brewer wrote:

> I have a feeling it might be that the ide-scsi module is not being
> loaded when a user requests it because the first time I use the cdrom
> as root it says:

I use the following block in modules.conf to load all the stuff I need
for a cd burner...

# CD drive (w/ SCSI emulation)
add above cdrom sr_mod sg
add above sr_mod ide-scsi

Basically, that adds a couple of extra items to the dependencies defined
by the modules themselves - cdrom now requires sr_mod and sg, while
sr_mod in turn requires ide-scsi. Not sure if it's optimal, but it works
for me.

Simon.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org