hardware

Marianne Taylor mataylor at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 28 21:05:53 PST 2002

On November 28, 2002 11:56, you wrote:
> > the last one was a asus mainboard, gfc3 grafikcard, buildon sound...
>
> nothing to get a proper system with.
> There shouldn't be any problem with this hardware, what kind of problems
> did you get?
> -the asus a7v8x had several problems with the via kt400 and the vt8235
> southbrige. The onboardsoundcard didn't work (vt8235), the geforce3 wasn't
> supportet in X (but mybee because it was one build for this vendor and so
> the id's changed)
>
> > so if anyboy knows sone good(supported) hardware I would love to hear.
>
> (all the list seem just to be theoretical support).
> You probably have more chances of getting a reply, if you ask this
> question on lfs-chat, this list is kinda OT. There have been quite a bit
> of hardware discussions on lfs-chat lately, so there are probably quite
> a few people willing to help.
>

> Ill go for that, thabks
>
> simon
I know this OT but I have that chipset working with a kernel patch.  I can
send it to you off the list.  The sound chip that I have is the same and it
is working fine for me with the alsa drivers.  The latest version worked for
me which two weeks ago was - 0.9rc5.  There were fairly good instructions on
the site of how to do this -- look under supported cards.

I also had trouble getting AGP to work from this chipset but got it to work
with building it as a module and then putting the following in
/etc/modules.conf

# For KT400 AGP drivers
options agpgart agp_try_unsupported=1
alias /dev/agpgart agpgart