can connect with wvdial, but cannot access any url.

Laurence Turpin laurie.turpin at virgin.net
Thu Nov 28 12:05:05 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Pytel" <tppytel at earthlink.net>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 9:38 PM
Subject: RE: can connect with wvdial, but cannot access any url.

> Are your ISP's DNS servers listed in /etc/resolv.conf? WvDial will query
> the ISP and put its results in /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. If the PPP
> connection is your only networking connection requiring name services,
> you can just make /etc/resolv.conf a symlink to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.
> Otherwise, just copy the nameserver lines from /etc/ppp/resolv.conf into
> the bottom of /etc/resolv.conf.

I tried putting my DNS servers in the /etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf
And tried running the links browser again when I try to contact any URL it
comes up
with Looking for host and never finds the site
I also tried pinging my DNS ip number and it writes to the location but
never receives a response
Any ideas?