can connect with wvdial, but cannot access any url.

Todd Pytel tppytel at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 13:38:32 PST 2002

Are your ISP's DNS servers listed in /etc/resolv.conf? WvDial will query
the ISP and put its results in /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. If the PPP
connection is your only networking connection requiring name services,
you can just make /etc/resolv.conf a symlink to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.
Otherwise, just copy the nameserver lines from /etc/ppp/resolv.conf into
the bottom of /etc/resolv.conf.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org