JavaFromScratch error in 14th hour

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 08:32:17 PST 2002

Calvin wrote:

>Compiled fine now. But before I do the "make install", is it ok to now get
>rid of the precompiled JRE? Just thought I would ask before I install it
>becuase I fear I will run out of disk space having both on the drive I will
>be installing them to.

Yep you may delete the precompiled JDK. FYI, the compiled JDK takes
around 85 MB.

I would advise (if disk space permits) to leave the precompiled JDK.
Since the self-compiled JDK has not passsed the JCK, there may be cases
where its behaviour may be faulty (like the one mentioned in the hint).
In such cases the precompiled JDK would be useful to confirm the bug.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org