libgnomeprint-1.116.1 - "undefined reference to 'deflate'"

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 27 04:24:54 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:26:02 -0500
Mason Staugler <mason at ulixesrex.com> wrote:

> Billy O'Connor wrote:
> > Well, you shouldn't be seeing this failure at all, but you might try
> > editing the top level Makefile and remove tests from the line:
> >
> > SUBDIRS = libgnomeprint fonts installer tests data po doc
>
> Did I screw up some other package? What would it have been?
>
> Mason

I had this same error.  For some reason -lz was not beeing included on
all gcc invocations.  You can edit the Makefile or do something like:

CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -lz" CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -lz" make

To compile everything.  Then do what you normally do for make install.

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL