Cross-compiling for a 486.

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Wed Nov 27 03:30:09 PST 2002

I have just built LFS (CVS with glibc2.3.1) for my 486 using my PIII.  Using
the uname hack as documented in the hint went fine, and it works well.

Now I need to build some BLFS for it.  I built samba on it last night - ALL
last night!!

I had the idea that I might mount the 486's root partition under a chroot
environment on the PIII, and thus be able to compile there.   Has anyone done
this?  What have I missed?  Can I use an smbfs, or do I need nfs? (never done
that before)

(I should add that I almost made a mistake with my radial arm saw this
morning, so I'm feeling a little sensitive about my thinking today.
Fortunately LFS can't cut your hand off.)

--
Cheers, Richard.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org